We respect your privacy interests and so operate this site by these principles:
- You may use Mass General Brigham web site without disclosing personally identifiable information. We want to be clear that we will not obtain such information about you unless you choose to submit to us. For example, by emailing us your comments or suggestions, that identifies your email address.
- We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide. You should understand, however, that electronic transmissions via the Internet are not necessarily secure from interception and so we cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of such transmissions.
- The web server of Mass General Brigham collects and saves the default information customarily logged by world wide web server software. Our logs contain the following information for each request: date and time, originating IP address and domain name (the unique address assigned to your Internet service provider's computer that connects to the Internet), object requested, and completion status of the request. We use these logs to help improve our service by evaluating the "traffic" to our site in terms of number of unique visitors, level of demand, most popular page requests, and types of errors.
- These logs may be kept for an indefinite amount of time, used at any time and in any way necessary to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the data on our servers.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations or other facially valid legal processes, we will not share any information we receive with any outside parties.