iAwards Program Call for Brief Project Summary Proposals: Deadline May 24, 2021
The Sanofi iAwards is a multi-institutional academic partnership program designed to accelerate innovative early-stage, disease-relevant research towards the clinic. Through the iAwards, Sanofi funds translational research ideas that can contribute to their early-stage pipeline and ultimately address unmet clinical needs. Over the past 6 years, 24 projects have been funded at BWH and MGH across a diverse range of therapeutic areas.
This year, Sanofi is beginning its proposal process by first requesting brief, non-confidential project summaries. Sanofi internal teams will take a few weeks to evaluate the submitted projects, and will request a videoconference meeting with researchers to discuss projects of interest in more detail. From there, Sanofi may invite the researchers to submit a pre-proposal to define the research scope and aims. Sanofi hopes to make final funding decisions by October for an anticipated project start date by November 2021.
Awarded projects will receive:
- $125,000 in research funding (including institutional indirect costs) for 12 months
- Sanofi scientific expertise and guidance
- In-kind resources such as reagents, tool compounds, etc. may be provided
- Successful projects could be converted to SRAs and receive additional funding for 2-3 years
Research areas of interest: immuno-oncology, molecular oncology, immunology & inflammation, rare diseases, neurological disorders, genomics medicine, and biologics research. Please see details in the flyer.
- Please use the this template to complete your non-confidential summary
- May 24, 2021: Deadline for submission of your brief summary to email@example.com
- Information in the summary is NOT considered confidential and therefore unpublished information should not be disclosed.
- No third-party collaborators will be permitted, except for other iAward partner institutions.
Please reach out to Hui Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.