Background and Purpose
The Innovation Discovery Grants (IDG) program aims to enhance the commercial outcomes of the Mass General Brigham community and increase its innovative potential. It is designed to stimulate new inventive concepts, identify areas of commercially significant scientific strength and accelerate commercialization of Mass General Brigham intellectual assets.
Innovation Discovery Grants Winners
BH, Brigham and Women's Hospital | MGH, Massachusetts General Hospital | HMS, Harvard Medical School | MEE, Massachusetts Eye and Ear | NWH, Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Areas of Interest
In 2022, the IDG funding opportunity is open to all clinical areas and technology types. The IDG program will fund projects that can demonstrate tangible outcomes towards commercialization licensing opportunities, or a spinoff company, that improves patient health.
Key Dates and Information
- Pre-proposals are due no later than October 26, 2021, 11:59pm EST.
- Full proposals will be invited by December 17, 2021.
- Full proposals will be due February 1, 2022, 11:59pm EST.
- Awards will be announced at the World Medical Innovation Forum in May, 2022.
- The earliest possible start date is June 1st, 2022.
- Projects may request up to $100,000 total cost (inclusive of 15% indirect costs).
- Project plans must demonstrate tangible outcomes towards commercialization opportunities that improve patient health or healthcare delivery.
- Guidelines and further information are available on the opportunity website: https://idg.partners.org/prog/mass_general_brigham_innovation_discovery_grants_idg_/
Awards will be governed by the Mass General Brigham Intellectual Property Policy. External pharma and device companies will be actively involved during the review process.
Do not include unprotected proprietary information in your application. Questions related to intellectual property and confidentiality should be directed to your Mass General Brigham Innovation Licensing Manager at 857-307-2400.
Questions related to IDG grants policies or procedures should be directed Lesley Watts, Director of Sponsored Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org / 857-307-2440. Questions related to the business opportunity should be directed to your Mass General Brigham Innovation Licensing Manager or Market Sector Leader at 857-307-2440.